Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Toy/Tool

My first idea to try and build a village for my dinky cars has officially gone to ruins. Problem after problem has forced me to retreat from the project. I had design problems and problems trying to find the right materials. Since this was last minute I decided to come up with a more simple but effective solution. When I went into my room last night I noticed my hats all over the place, some on my t.v and others on my bed post. Then I thought of the idea of making a simple hat hanger to hold my hats in a efficient and clean way. I found a plain piece of wood that we used to make a screen for our back door and cut and shaped it into the shape I needed. Then I drilled three holes into the piece of wood. I then cut the top half circle of a coat hanger and wrapped them around each side of the wood. Making a hook come out of one side and voila...a hat holder. Obviously this was to simple and very boring so I then decided to attach a roller and a piece of wood to make it movable from side to side. Since my closet isn't huge I need to calculate each square each to fit all my stuff. I nailed in two 6 cm nails into the wall, then I laid a piece of wood on the top of it along with a rotator that I found out the back of my dad's pick-up. I attached that to the piece of wood then I attached a hook screw to it and made another hole into my hanger and voila...a move able hat hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment